The Company is committed to treating the personal information collected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment Act 2004.
The types of personal information that may be collected by the Company includes names, contact details, address details, gender, marital status, birthplace, bank account details, licences, tickets and tax file number and cultural. It may be necessary in some circumstances to collect sensitive information about our employees including criminal record, including driving history or health information. From time to time, we may require a photograph of workers to be used for internal purposes. This information may be collected directly or from third parties, such as contractors, consultants etc.
The Company will uphold the following principals:
• Privacy of personal information is of paramount importance
• Personal information will be collected, held, used and disclosed for purposes relating to the employment relationship established. The Company may also use and disclose personal information to investigation and deal with suspected fraud, misconduct or unlawful activity and to protect lawful interests and the rights of third parties
• Only in the case where an employee gives permission will Personal information may be disclosed to
external parties such as advisors, agents, service providers or financiers including providers of
banking, legal, debt collection or government agencies
• In some instances, there may be Legislative statutory requirements to provide information to legal, debt collection, auditing, government authorities, health service providers and representatives and parties involved in a purchase or prospective purchase of any part of the Company
• Personal information may be disclosed to third parties whereby the client has requested the
information as part of providing services to that client
• Personal information will not be shared to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to send marketing material
• Personal information provided will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil purposes for which the information was collect, as required by law or in accordance with our documented retention processes and will be securely destroyed and disposed of when it is no longer needed
• Personal information will be stored securely. Reasonable steps will be taken to protect any personal information provided from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, including restricting access to the information to only persons who require the information to perform functions within the Company
At times, The Company will request personal information to be reviewed to ensure that it is kept up to date and is accurate. You can request personal information can be updated by contacting the HR Department.
Every employee is responsible for the successful implementation of this policy and adherence to the Act.Under the Privacy Act, workers are entitled to complain to Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
However, before lodging a complaint with OAIC, we ask that all complaints are directed to the HR Manager who will respond to the complaint within 20 days.